The 80/20 rule

When it comes to flooring, many people love the comfort factor that carpets offer. Carpets also help to muffle sound and can make a room instantly more homely. They are warmer underfoot than wooden or concrete floors, and they can also look wonderful in the right colours and styles. However, carpets are also very susceptible to staining, and this is their main drawback. Whether you have a lot of kids running around, or pets that like to jump up on things they shouldn’t, carpets can mean a recipe for disaster.

Different Types of Stains

Stains can end up on carpets for a variety of reasons. There are drinks stains that range from orange juice to red wine and everything in between, with some much more difficult to remove than others. Food can also stain carpets, along with makeup, cleaning solutions and plenty of other household items that, if you’re not careful, can easily ruin the look and feel of your carpet. This is why it is important to learn how to properly clean your carpets when the need arises.

Luckily, there is a rule that governs stains on carpets, and you can use this to help you know what you should do with a specific stain. The 80/20 rule is common in everyday life. 80% of a business’ profits tend to come from around 20% of their customers, and you probably spend 80% of your time doing 20% of your daily tasks. From friendships to work related tasks, the 80/20 rule is a well-known one. Plus, it also applies to carpet stains.

The 80/20 Rule

80% of any carpet stains can be removed, while the other 20% will be made to look better or simply not be removed at all. This is an overwhelming majority in favour of cleaning, so you shouldn’t worry too much if you do come across stains in your carpets. However, knowing which 20% can’t be removed without making things look worse is also important. This means you really should not attempt to remove a stain from a carpet unless you know exactly what you are doing. Removing stains might seem easy, and you might find lots of home remedies on the internet, but adding the wrong chemical or using the wrong solution on a particular stain could ruin your carpet for good.

Ask A Professional

This is why you should always get the help of a professional when you are cleaning your carpets. There are lots of options out there, with many professional cleaning teams with years of experience tackling every kind of carpet stain you can imagine. They have the right equipment needed to clean these stains, and with their experience they know when a stain can and cannot be removed.

So, don’t make your stains worse, and don’t threaten the life of your carpet by trying to remove a stain with a solution your found on a random website online. Get the help of professionals, and remove your carpet stains the right way.

Click here to discover how we can help you remove those